- Apartment: Apartment is a mid or high-rise building owned by a single landlord.
- Condominium: Condominium or condo – also known as apartment or flat in other countries - is a building where individuals own the residential units and where the common areas are jointly owned by all the co-owners.
- Central Lumpini: The area incorporating Wireless, Ploenchit, Rajadamri, Chidlom, Langsuan, Sarasin and Ruamrudee Roads, and other sois in between
- Pathumwan: The area incorporating Ratchaprarop, Phayathai, Sri Ayutthaya and Petchaburi (from Soi 1-37) Roads, as well as other sois in between
- CBD: The area incorporating Silom, Sathorn, Surawong, Rama IV, Ploenchit, Wireless, early Sukhumvit, and Asoke Road and the sois in between
- Non-CBD: The area incorporating late Sukhumvit, Ratchadapisek, Phaholyothin, Viphavadi-Rangsit, Petchaburi, Rama III and Bangna-Trad Road
- Downtown: The area incorporating Rama I, III, IV, IX, Petchburi, Ploenchit, Narathiwas, Ratchadaphisek, Phayathai, Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit, Sathu Pradit, Charansanitwong
- Midtown: All other areas of Bangkok lying outside the CBD, including Ratchadapisek, Ladphrao, Ramkhamhaeng, Paholyothin, Thonburi and Sukhumvit Road from Soi 44-76 and 65-115
- Eastern: The area incorporating Ramkhamhaeng, Ramintra, Phatthanakan, Srinakharin, Sukhumvit 101-113, Bangna-Trad, Rom Klao, Lat Krabang, On Nut, Teparak
- Northern: The area incorporating Viphavadi-Rangsit, Rangsit-Nakorn Nayok, Lamlukka, Rangsit Klong 2-12, Ekkamai-Ramintra, Rattanathibet, Watcharapol
- North: Comprises of Mai Khao Beach, Nai Thon Beach and Nai Yang Beach
- East: Comprises of Siray Island, Phuket Bay, Panwa Cape, Kung Bay, Ao Po Bay and Yamu Cape
- South: Comprises of Nai Harn Beach, Chalong Bay and Rawai Beach
- West: Comprises of Patong Beach, Karon Beach, Kata Beach, Kata Noi Beach, Bangtao Beach, Surin Beach, Kamala Beach
- Inland: Area in the island’s centre